Riyadh : Abdulla bin Adel Fakhro, Industry and Commerce Minister, Acting Minster of Tourism, met Shripad Yesso Naik, Indian Minister of State for Tourism and Ports, Shipping and Waterways, on the sidelines of the 43rd session of World Tourism Day, which is held in Riyadh from September 27 to 28, under the theme of “Tourism and Green Investments”, co-organised by the Saudi Ministry of Tourism the World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO).
Minister Fakhro affirmed keenness to carry on the integrated efforts in the two countries’ tourism sectors.
The two sides praised the growth and development of the tourism sector in the two countries, citing the remarkable increase in the number of visitors and the development of the infrastructure of the tourism and travel sector.
They highlighted the role of the promising tourism initiatives launched by Bahrain and India to support partnerships in the private tourism sector to open up tourism investment horizons, promote the two countries’ tourist destinations at the regional and international levels, and provide diverse and unique tourism experiences for visitors.
Minister Fakhro also held a meeting with Mehmet Nuri Ersoy, Turkish Minister of Culture and Tourism, with whom he discussed ways to enhance tourism cooperation, within the framework of the two countries’ keenness to strengthen their strategic partnerships in the tourism sector, benefit from their common experiences, exchange expertise, and develop their tourism sector.
The two ministers also discussed cooperation in the field of increasing tourism traffic to and from the two countries, stimulating aviation, launching joint marketing programmes, holding familiarisation trips, and organising tourism packages that include the two countries in multiple programmes that can provide tourists with unique experiences that bring together the two countries that enjoy diverse tourist attractions.
- HM King attends opening session of COP28
- UAE to celebrate 52nd Union Day
- UAE President announces US$30 billion Global Climate Fund at World Climate Action Summit
- HM King delivers speech at COP28 Summit, announces “Blueprint Bahrain”
- HH Shaikh Faisal bin Rashid: Bahraini women’s achievements source of pride
- UAE, Brazil launch international alliance to enhance culture-based climate action at COP28
- Attorney-General lauds Bahraini women’s role in national development
- Rashid Equestrian and Horse Racing Club holds Season’s Seventh Racing Meeting